Re: [IP] Minimed Paradigm RT questions!

On Jun 4, 2006 at 8:22 AM, Kent Teffeteller
<<mailto:email @ redacted>email @ redacted>
wrote:
>My internist has given his blessing on pumping insulin. Right now, I have
>narrowed my pump choices between an Animas IR 1250 and a MiniMed Paradigm
>RT. I saw the MiniMed rep 2 days ago and had a superb visit and demo of the
>features. Are there anyone here using the Paradigm RT? How has it been as
>regards reliability? How do you like it in usage? Any comments positive or
>negative? Thanks!
>Alan K. Teffeteller, Ph.D, CBRE, M.S.

Most Drs. and Endos do not know that much about pumps, rather you
should make up your own mind as to which is best for you.  Do not buy
ANY pump until you've worn it for a few days getting an idea of how
it operates.  I do not mean to test it with using insulin, only to
get an idea of how the menu system and physical requirements feel to
you.  And as far as the reps go, believe half of what they say about
their pump and nothing of what they tell you about the competitions.
:-

George