[IP] injection therapy for ligaments and carpal tunnel surgery questions...

I'm set to start injection therapy for my ligaments in my right foot this
week, and the stuff that's injected is 25% dextrose... does anyone have any
experience with this and what it might do to my BG?  Also, if there's any
 conflict with the carpal tunnel surgery (I'll be calling drs to find out about
this.

Also, I'm having carpal tunnel surgery on Friday, and I need good arguments
for being allowed to keep my pump on and being allowed to manage my own
 diabetes. When I was at the hospital for pre-op testing, the nurse practitioner
had no clue about how a pump worked.  I explained that if I'm  not eating, I
don't give myself any extra insulin, just the background insulin  like someone
 who uses lantus, and she said that I shouldn't be using any insulin that day.
Huh?  And run BGs how high then?

She tried to get me to agree that it was ok for them to manage my diabetes,
do the testing, and administer regular insulin, and I said I didn't need or
want  that, that I could do it on my own.

I'll only be knocked out for a very short period of time.

I go to my regular doctor for medical clearance on Wednesday and can
 hopefully get him to fax over that I can manage my own diabetes. I'm willing to
run
a temp basal for a few hours and run a little higher, but I'm  really not
willing to let them tell me to remove the pump.  Ugh.

Stacey