Re: [IP] BD Test Strips vs One Touch Ultra

There's more than one kind of BD strip, but you and the reply folks hit
the nail on the head:

The One-Touch Ultra has the widest testing temp range of any strip, 43 F
to 111 F.
I read on a web page, that the bottom of one BD strip's testing range is
59 F (that's terrible!) The top of the range for your BD strip is
probably less than the the 2nd place '104 F' strips, maybe MUCH less.
Anyway, it's so bad that they don't even offer it on their website.
Maybe the "patient information" insert in the strip retail packages?

Living in the Nevada Desert, but also skiing Mt Rose (they've still got
TONS of snow up there, even though they closed a couple weeks back), I
need both extremes. The only problem with Ultra strips is, they cost so
darn much $$$$. Thank goodness for insurance. BTW, My insurance wanted
to foist a different meter on me, but they instantly caved and agreed to
the Ultras when I told them WHY I needed them.

Try this line: "Hmmm, so I get into the hot car... and the meter REFUSES
to do a test. I don't want to drive without testing, do YOU want to take
responsibility for that other meter failing to give me a bG in the
summertime?"

Here's the CWD strip testing  temps comparison page:
http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_0i_003.htm