Re: [IP] Anolther cat story

At 11:23 PM 6/3/2006, you wrote:
>  Another cat story--last night my cat must have wanted to kill
> me---I awoke this
>morning to find my pump tubing totally severed--she had chewed the tubing into
>several separate pieces- which I found laying in my bed!!
>   Have no idea how long I had been disconnected but my blood was at
> 450!!!!!! I
>have had the cat for about a year and until now she has never messed w/ my
>tubing--many other things but seems to understand that the tubing can't be
>played with--now I am wondering, did she want to kill me or was there a pump
>problem that she sensed and needed to make me aware-like other pumpers have
>mentioned?????
>   Natasha-Virginia Beach 39 yr old type 1 for 33 yrs---pump for @10

I think she was just taking advantage of the off-limits toy while you
were asleep and couldn't tell her "no".  I have a new cat who is
extremely active and gets into all kinds of trouble.  He's eyed my
tubing several times and I always tell him NO in a loud voice.  So
far he's left it alone if he sees it sticking out from under my
shirt, but I know that one night he'll probably do to me what your
cat did to you.  My other cat is an angel and has never bothered the
tubing.  He perked up the very first night I got home with the pump
connected, but I told him NO and he's never even looked at it since.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987