[IP] Re:Animas and Call Service alarm

Hi Roselea and (everyone else!),

I've been using the Animas 1200 model for almost 2 years. My first was
 replaced just a few months after I got it because the paint was coming off, but
 I've had the second one since. I had a somewhat different problem a few nights
ago - I got a Call Service alarm, disconnected, took the battery out, put  it
back in and rewound (I didn't take the cartridge out before I rewound).
Immediately after rewinding, the pump went right to the "Home Screen" so I
 couldn't load the cartridge. I tried rewinding 3 times with the same result. I
took
the battery out and pushed the bent arrow button (ok button  on the 1250) for
several seconds, hoping it would work like pushing S on my old  H-TRON (to
clear the 07 alarm), but that didn't help. Finally I put in a new  battery,
 rewound, etc. and it worked just fine. Whew! Do you think a funky battery could
 affect the pump and result in a Call Service alarm? The battery icon indicated
the old one was full power (3 segments).

I had a series of 07 alarms with the H-TRON and sent it back to Disetronic.
They sent it back and said there wasn't anything wrong with it. It did work
just  fine after that. Maybe a battery problem? I didn't try new ones in the
H-TRON  before I sent it in.

Otherwise, I've been very happy with my Animas pump - especially being able
to program the basal rate in 0.025 increments (one of my basals has been <0.2
so being able to adjust it by about 10% has been great). YMMV, though!

Diana