Re: [IP] Question for Animas Users

-----Original Message-----

>I'm wondering if other pumps such as the Cosmo make "so many
>thousands of internal checks" and is it really necessary to do so
>many that it causes the pump to actually fail so often?

 I know Minimed also says that their pumps do thousands of internal checks as
well. From the website:

 "The MiniMed Paradigm. insulin pump conducts software self-checks every minute,
every button press and prior to each motor actuation -- over 15,000 checks per
day."

 I guess it's something all pumps do. I think it's just bad luck that you've had
so much trouble with your pumps, but hopefully the next one won't be a lemon.
The only alarms I've had on my Paradigm have been: low reservoir, low battery,
no delivery (with those evil Quick-Sets) and when I hadn't pressed any buttons
for 15 hours, and the Auto Off feature kicked in.

 My pump also has an option in one of the menus for a "selftest". You can run
that and it goes through the various functions to test them out. Those have
always worked fine.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987