Re: [IP] correction factor/insulin sensitivity

At 12:27 PM 6/2/2006, you wrote:
>I too find I don't need as much insulin to cover a high as my pump
>is set at. It also depends on the time of day because In the
>mornings I am very insulin sensative and the afternoons, it takes
>more insulin to bring down my BS. So most of the time I do a manual
>adjustment until I see my new endo and correct it :-) . But I think
>it takes awhile to find the pattern, and then it just changes after
>awhile :-( . Oh well, good luck
>
>Tanya
>.

I'm the opposite - most sensitive in the afternoon and least
sensitive in the morning.  Although I seem to be a lot more sensitive
now than I used to be.  Instead of my BG rising 50+ points after
waking up and before eating, it now just goes up a little or not at
all.  It's even dropped sometimes recently.  I always check when I
wake up, then I take my Levoxyl and go about getting ready.  Check
again in an hour and have breakfast.

My sensitivity/correction is now set at 55.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987