Re: [IP] Question for Animas Users

On Friday, June 2, 2006, RoseLea <email @ redacted> wrote:
>  I'm now on
> my second replacement and am very tired of the constant "Call
> Service" alarms.

I had this problem with an R1000 pump a few years ago.  They were not
quick to replace it (actually, I think it was finally replaced for
another reason -- although it might have been just a different person
making a different judgment, because that happened to me another time.)
  I was told there was a standard for how often it was acceptable to
have that alarm, but I don't remember exactly what it was -- but, I
think, having it happen regularly over a period of time met the
standard, so I think you should call and try again.

LOL  I'm inclined to be critical of Animas at the moment, though.  I
tried to order supplies online this morning, and next to the listing of
the sets I wanted, rather than saying "available", it said "call us".
So I called, and the customer service person didn't know when or if
they would be available.  But he finally agreed to ask someone, and
when he called me back with that information, saying that they would be
available June 16, I said I wanted to order them, and also cartridges
and Hypafix.  Well, he didn't think they sold Hypafix.  I said I'd seen
it on the website when I initially tried to place my order.  He asked
me for its order number.  Not having the screen any longer in front of
me, I told him where it was.  Although he did find it there, and it is
certainly still there, he told me the order number didn't work, and
said he thought they didn't really sell it, he'd never seen it in all
the orders he'd put through.  ????

Linda Z