RE: [IP] Infusion Set Keeps Falling Off

 My Joshua is the pumper. When he first started pumping. NOTHING would stick to
his skin. We were averaging 5-6 sites in 7 days. Then we found out about
Mastisol Liquid Adhesive. Now the sites stick to him, even when in a pool for
hours or in the hot tub! I firmly believe that if not for this stuff Josh would
not be able to pump!

Ferndale Laboratories  www.ferndalelabs.com  (888) 548-0900

 This comes in either a 4 oz bottle, about $20.00 (US) or individual one-use
vialsbring LOTS of $$$$. These are terribly expensive.

 I use a QTip dipped in the liquid and swab a circle on the site area, leaving
the center free of Mastisol. Fan this for a second to allow it to start getting
tacky (we learned this step the HARD wayLOL!!!!) Insert and VOILA!!! They also
sell Detachol, an Adhesive remover. We never used ours. This stuff is really
cheap, like $10.00 for the bottle. We use an adhesive remover pad I get from our
local Navy hospital. Then I top off all the old sites with Neosporin to help
prevent infections. This also helps promote healing. Our endo loves how Joshs
skin looksno scars!

Products to help you suit up

 Maintaining an infusion set requires supplies. Here is a sample of products
that you may find handy when changing, inserting, and removing your infusion
set. The list is not comprehensive, and product availability may vary depending
on where you live.

Adhesives

 Mastisol : Ferndale Laboratories, Inc., 18885480900,
www.ferndalelabs.com

 SkinBond: Smith & Nephew, Inc., 18008761261,
www.smithnephew.com

 SkinTac H:Torbot Group, Inc., 18005454254,
www.torbot.com

Tincture of benzoin: various, contact pharmacist or medical supplier

Adhesive Removers

AIIKare: ConvaTec, 18004228811, www.convatec.com

 De solvit/Medisol: Orange Sol Group,
18008777771, www.orangesol.com

 Detachol: Ferndale Laboratories, Inc., 18885480900,
www.ferndalelabs.com

Nail polish remover: various

 Unisolve: Smith & Nephew, Inc., 18008761261,
www.smithnephew.com

 IV 3000: Smith & Nephew, Inc., 18008761261,
www.smithnephew.com

Anesthetic Creams

 EMLA (prescription): AstraZeneca PLC, 18002369933,
www.astrazenecaus.com or www.emiaus.com

 L.M.X.4 (formerly ELAMax): Ferndale Laboratories, Inc.,
18885480900, www.ferndalelabs.com

Antiseptics

Betadine:The Purdue Frederick

Company, 18008775666, www.purduepharma.com

BZK wipes (Benzalkonium Chloride): various

 Hibiclens: AstraZeneca PLC, 18002369933,
www.astrazenecaus.com

 IV Prep: Smith & Nephew, Inc., 18008761261,
www.smithnephew.com

Clear, Occlusive Dressings

Bioclusive: Ethicon, Inc., 18002552500, www.ethicon.com

 Opsite: Smith & Nephew, Inc., 18008761261,
www.smithnephew.com

Tegaderm: 3M, 18002283957, www.3m.com

Skin Barriers

 All Kare Protective Barrier Wipes: ConvaTec,
18004228811, www.convatec.com

 Bard Protective Barrier Wipes: C.R. Bard, lr~c.,
18005264455, www.bardmedical.com

Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream:
3M, 18002283957, www.3m.com

 IV Prep (barrier and antiseptic): Smith & Nephew, Inc.,
18008761261, www.smithnephew.com

 Skin Gel Protective Dressing Wipe: Hollister,
18003234060, www.hollister.com

 Skin Prep: Smith & Nephew, Inc., 18008761261,
www.smithnephew.com

Tapes

 Hypafix: Smith & Nephew, Inc., 18008761261,
www.smithnephew.com

Hytape: Hytape International,
1800248010 1, www.hytape.com

MeFix:Tendra,
18008824582 , www.tendra.com

Micropore: 3M,
18002283957,www.3m.com

Nexcare:3M,
18002283957, www.3m.com

 Polyskin: Kendall, Silk tape: various, 18009629888,
www.kendallhq.com

Good Luck!

Sylvia
mom to Joshua