Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:23:05 -0400
From: "Cody S. Alderson"
Subject: [IP] Infusion Set Keeps Falling Off

Hi,

I'm reasonably certain that this has been answered five thousand different
ways but how does one get the MiniMed infusion sets to stay on during heavy
sweating?
I was cutting my lawn and one fell off. I was putting in concrete block for
a window well and one fell off. Now I've had this problem periodically in
the past, but I must really be sweating much more than I did last summer.
I've tried the IV3000 underneath and it comes off quicker than the infusion
set by itself. I thouroughly clean the area, there isn't any hair, and I use
alcohol and then IV Prep pads. It's the sweat getting underneath.
Anyone out there that does stuff that gets them sweating profusely, but
their infusion sets stay on? Without tacks or screws that is . . .

Cody

Cody:
Two words: DUCT TAPE! Wonderful stuff, but don't be too liberal with it. It
hurts comming off!

Seriously, I haven't tried it, but neither have I had your problem. IVprep
works well for me. However if I had your problem I may consider using a small
piece during heavy activity.