[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V9 #874

Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:10:03 -0400
From: Tanya Cook <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] thyroid disorders

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone here has hypothyroidism? I know
diabetes and thyroid disorders are pretty comon especially if your a
female. I have an appoint. with a new endo. on the 19th and because of
many symptoms of hypo. thyroidism I have, I want to get checked out. Can

anyone tell me a little about it? Did it take a while to get the correct

diagnosis? Thanks

Tanya

Dear Tanya

Yes, I've been a Diabetic for 38 years, am a female and a couple of
years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. My symptoms were
light-headedness to the point of almost passing out. It would go away
only after I ate something very salty. The endo at the time put me on
Synthroid 100 mc, it worked for a while but then my symptoms got worse.
She cut it down to 50 mc last year and I've been on it since. (That's
important to know if your doctor put you on the Synthroid as some people
are very sensitive.

At one point the pharmacist gave me the generic type and I was sick as a
dog. When I called the doctor she called the pharmacist and told them to
give me only the brand name - I've had no problem since.

By the way guys, I did have the surgery on my right shoulder. It turned
out the MRI lied and I did not have a large tear --- actually I didn't
have "any" tear; But there was swelling so he shaved the rotator cuff
and the bone.