RE: [IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V9 #874

Mark, I would just schedule the training for whatever is your day off and go
back to work when you are suppose to. I would not waist your vacation day to
be off 3 days or so just to adjust basal rates. First of all it takes a
while to adjust rates to get the one that is accurate for me. I have been on
the pump 7 weeks and we are still adjusting rates. The pump is much better
than the injections but it is not an overnight correction device. Also if
you work nights then just check your sugars during the night just like it is
day shift. That is one of the perks of the pump you get to live life on your
time schedule not the ideal schedule.

Sheila