Re: [IP] Those Darn Highs with Rapid Drops

>  Numbers anywhere from 200
>up, which if you dare take a full correction dose, come crashing down over 100
>points in less than thirty minutes.

How long since the previous bolus?  I find with the Wizard (which
supposedly keeps track of how much active insulin you still have in
your system) I can be at 200 to 300 and it figures the correction is
totally offset by the insulin already taken.  If I tried to override
it and correct for the high I probably would crash.

btw, I couldn't follow my usual exercise routine while away (30 min
to an hour a day on rowing machine and/or stationary bike) and had to
up all my basals by .05U/hr and was still running high.  So far I'm
keeping the higher basals, assuming it will take a few days for
regular exercise to take effect, but I'm going heavy on the testing.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, AK
Dx 1969 at age 28, insulin from start (Probably type 1)