Re: [IP] Disappointed in the Discovery Channel--More DM stuff that seems wrong

 sherry writes:

> And--does anyone know about the brain damage thing? They said several times
> that if his blood sugar wasn't raised quickly enough he could have
> irreversible brain damage.

>From what I understand being low can cause brain damage. That is if you are
low and unconsious (sp?) It is bad to be low and it is bad to be high. Both
 cause damage to our body. It appears, without having watched the show, that
may have exaggerated the info. But yes, being low a lot or for too long can
 cause damage. Some people cannot function in the 30s while other people are ok.
YMMV This is why doctors are so worried about people being low all the time.

dxd age 7 1988 pumping 1992