Re: [IP] People (men) SUCK

In a message dated 06/30/2003 4:37:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Pardon the stereotypical generalization cuz you KNOW I don't do that often
> (ie medical professionals SUCK...health insurance SUCKS...diabetes
> SUCKS...etc.)
> but this one takes the freaking 4 layer cake with chocolate frosting...
> I met this guy...we went out for coffee, we went out to dinner, we went on a
> 4 hour hike (before the place was torched into oblivion this past week).  I
> was very open about testing and he seemed totally into it...really
> interested...asked lots of questions.....then I never heard from him. So,
> stupidly, I sent
> him an email and asked what was up - was he ok, did he not want to see me
> anymore, whatever
> He wrote back that it was DIABETES he did not want to deal with.  here is a
> quote from his email:
> >(hope this doesn't sound too selfish here...) I'm just not wanting to add
> >more of that into my life - not to mention I really don't want to have the
> >"caretaker" character in a relationship (even though, as we know, you very
> >confident in taking "care" of yourself.) That's it - hopefully this doesn't
> hurt
> >your feelings, make you angry, etc.  I think/hope you understand.
> and here is what I wrote back.....
> In a supreme effort of restraint, and not wanting to write back a kneejerk,
> emotional response, I have been thinking about your letter for a while.
> Time
> has not healed me.
> Yes it is selfish, Yes it hurts my feelings, yes it makes me angry, and yes
> understand - you are a total jerk!  Forgive you for it?  probably not.  I am
> not looking for, nor do I need or want, a caretaker.  I certainly hope when
> you DO find your dream girl, that she doesn't step off a curb the next day,
> get
> hit by a truck and need a ventilator, and a caretaker, for the rest of their
> life...even worse...I hope it never happens to you!
> best of luck
> SO...when you read July's Diabetes Interivew and learn all about my sexual
> escapades, you can REST assured, that it is all PAST tense......
> Sara

Sara I am sure you will meet one of those suckers down the road who will be
 glad to be your care giver late in life. That is the nature of the male I would
be glad you discovered he is a JERK. I may be in AZ this fall I will sent you
a note and take you out to dinner Roger C