[IP] Ultra vs Ultra Smart

While I  like most of the added features of the Ultra Smart meter  imho
there are some draw backs.  The back light is not so great.  It is
comparable to  that found on older generation, gray scale Palms. While
the count down and test results are still large, the font used for the
various other features is fine and not nearly bold enough for easy
reading.  The meter is indeed slightly larger and more rectangular than
the Ultra.  It is about the same size as my Animas insulin pump, about
the size of a deck of playing cards.  The case that comes with it is
larger as well, roughly 4.5" x 6" compared to 4" x 5.5" for the Ultra

I personally really liked the configuration of the Ultra case.  I could
easily sample and test without removing anything from the case.  I find
the Ultra Smart case not quite as easy to use and larger than it has to
be.  They have turned the elastic used for holding the test strips so
that bottle is held vertically such that the meter, test strips and
lancet device are all side by side.  The elastic holding the lancet
device is wider than that of the Ultra case and does not always allow
for a good poke since the elastic covers part of the pull back trigger
mechanism on the lancet.

Since I have the luxury of owning an extra Ultra case I thought I might
simply cut off the curved edge of the plastic used for holding the Ultra
and use this modified case to carry my new Ultra Smart and supplies,
however this idea did not pan out since the new Ultra smart is a
fraction thicker than its predecessor as well.

Good luck in your decision making.
- Ann

Ann Gervasio      mailto:email @ redacted
Herndon, VA       http://www.KnitsByAnn.com
Specializing in DesignaKnit Education
Home to Pin Guard and the Knitter's Switch Box