[IP] Re: articles and brain damage

> A few weeks ago we were all talking about the newspaper article where the
> saved the mother's life when she had a severe hypo and the reporter said
> was in a diabetic coma.

That article was about the woman who was conserving insulin and reducing her
injections, then went low. BTW, several wrote to the paper, as did I, and
nothing has been printed about the story. The Tribune stands by their
article stating they used the correct words, etc. The words may have been
correct, but used in the wrong context(s). They continue to print letters
about the time change question for Indiana, the *awful* president <gr>,
etc., but no corrections or *BOO!* about that incident with a follow up.

>does anyone know about the brain damage thing? They said several times
> that if his blood sugar wasn't raised quickly enough he could have
> irreversible brain damage.

Maybe a medical person knows more, but brains operate on glucose and
deprived long enough and severe enough, I'd think there could be a permanent
effect - perhaps in degrees, not necessarily causing vegetation. People have
even died with lows - perhaps the brain couldn't tell the major organs
(heart, lungs?) to keep working so they quit. Dunno but does seem plausible
to moi.

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.