Re: [IP] Temperature Restricts Pump

Tom Beatson shared (regarding cycling in high temps):
>This just shows that it's necessary to make special
>arrangements in dealing with temperature extremes.
>Most of you don't run into extremes like we have in

Gail jumps in:

I'm not entirely sure what this message was about, but
it's rarely stopped me from responding to the list
previously so why stop now...

In Denver, Colorado we have similar temp extremes - 50
to 60 degree variance in several hours.  Our highs are
not as high as in Arizona (as reported by the weather
service) YET - I play tennis outdoors during the
months of July and August on tennis courts where the
temperature is approximately 110 degrees on the court
(or hotter) - ALL DAY LONG (both the temp and the
length of time I'm on the court - 10a.m. to 6pm and
later - 2 to 3 days a week).

I have NEVER had a problem with that temperature
affecting either the insulin delivery or the
effectiveness of the insulin itself (i.e. half-life).
I DO NOT use a frio on the court (except the headband
one to help keep my body temp down).

Because I'm not on my bicycle, I have less to worry
about than Tom might - I have ready access to as much
water as I can possibly drink and I am not wearing a
helmet (which everyone should do no matter where
they're traveling on their bike) so the heat is
escaping quicker through my head. [can the airhead
comments NOW].

So, please tell me, why is it that temperature
restricts your pumping on those hot days?

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?