[IP] Re: Finally a pumper!

Hi everyone!  I just got home from my pump training.  After weeks of reading
your posts, emails, and websites I can finally call myself A Fellow Pumper!
I really think I'm going to love it.  Right now I'm still tweaking things.
I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days for my training, and now that I'm
home eating healthy high fiber, low glycemic value food instead of the soggy
white bread and boxed cereal that the hospital fed me, I'm finding my
bolusing may a little too high.  This may also have something to do with the
fact that now I'm an active part of the real world instead of sitting on my
hospital bed watching TV and reading magazines.

Everyone at the hosp. was very nice, very helpful, but I was sadly amazed to
see how many people there new nothing about insulin pumping.  Several of the
aids who came in to take my temp, blood pressure, etc. would ask me if I was
in a lot of pain.  When I explained that I was in for insulin pump training
they looked totally mystified.  I would show them my pump and infusion set.
They had no clue what it was all about.  One night shift aid even came in
and asked to see my incision site so he could check if I was healing
properly where the pump had been inserted!  Kinda scary, huh?

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for their input on using the Sils
infusion set.  It's comfortable for me and I have been very happy with it so
far.  I have not used the Sil Serter, and find inserting it by hand has been
just fine.

Yessi Palmer