Re: [IP] New Minimed Pump Info

>  I calculated that the 90% rate of the normal 0.7 was a tenth unit every
571.428571 seconds, or 9-1/2 minutes to be 'imprecise'
;>)    No problem with that, but what if you are at a 50% basal?
That would be a tenth every 1028 seconds or a little over 17 minutes.
At what point would you start to develop problems with insulin
crystallization? >>

I have used MiniMed pumps since 1992 and used Velosulin BR and Humalog with
them. I have used cut rates and full rates. I have never had an occlusion
problem with that delivery system. Before that I used pumps that delivered
whole units only - and got a unit every 65 minutes. No occlusions there,
either. The first two pumps were CPI/Lilly's.

One disadvantage of doing nothing is you can't stop and rest