[IP] Re: Pain with inserter

 <<No, you didn't receive the wrong info on your end. It just seems that some
CDEs running around out there are teaching people to walk (serters) before they
crawl (manual insertion). =) >>

 I inserted two Sils/Essentials into my tummy during my saline trial prior to
Joshua's pump start with NO pain (course I have way more, hmmmmm, "fat" to
insert into than my son, who's 37 lbs). I bought the sil-serter thinking that it
would be helpful.

 Well, my daughter used the sil-serter when the CDE came for Joshua's saline
start (into "fake flesh") and the needle BENT! The CDE is a pumper herself &
discouraged us from using the insertion device.

 Joshua screams uncontrollably over every site change, it take two of us to hold
him down, whether using EMLA, ice, or nothing. It's not the "pain" it's the
needle. He tries everything to put it off 'til another time. Hopefully this will
get better. (He's been pumping less than 1 month.)

Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/3/03 & Jessie 21
western Massachusetts