[IP] air in tubing--any suggestions?

My 2 1/2 year old son Jake has been pumping for about a month now,
and one of our problems has been that we find one to two inches of
air in the tubing on a fairly regular basis--since he uses such small
amounts of insulin at a time, this appears to be the cause of extreme

We fill the cartridge with room temperature insulin and my husband
and I both check the cartridge for bubbles prior to inserting the
cartridge in the pump. Jake is using an Animas pump with quick sets
(6 mm canula). I'm wondering if others have had this problem, and if
so, how they resolved them.

Thank you for you suggestions!

mom to Jake, diagnosed 6/5/02 at 20 months
Lisa Clement
Assistant Professor
Mathematics Education
San Diego State University
School of Teacher Education
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-1153
(619) 594-5130
also at:
Center for Research in Mathematics and Science Education
(619) 594-0774