RE: [IP] Was: Re: Got Islets? ---Childrens Conference Now: research news?

They had an article in a recent Diabetes Forecast Magazine concerning this
subject but, as yet, you still have to take immunosuppresant drugs and deal
with some not-so-nice side-effects.

Margo

Hi,
  Speaking of research, when my son was first dxd the results of the islet
cell transplant study in Canada had just been released.  They said next they
would be doing the same transplant research here in the US.  That was over
three years ago and yet I haven't heard any more news on this.  Does any one
here know any details?

Thanks,
Mindy