[IP] Re: Nutrition News forward

Cindy <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I used to subscribe to Nutrition News but soon discovered the
> ideas/information differ from many other reputable nutritionists and
> medical doctors.  For anyone who is unfamiliar with the "about page
> bio" from Nutrition News website, here it is:

I went to the Nutrition News Focus web site
(http://www.nutritionnewsfocus.com/) and clicked on "Who We Are".  Here's
what comes up:

Your Advisor
Dr. David Klurfeld is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Nutrition
and Food Science at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. (Nutrition
News Focus is not connected with the university.) In addition, he is Editor
in Chief of the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, one of the top
nutrition research journals in the world. Finally, he is an active
researcher in the area of nutrition and prevention of chronic diseases with
over 130 publications in the biomedical literature in the last 20 years.

The Rest Of The Team
Roger Klurfeld and Ken Deifik publish Nutrition News Focus, run the website,
and get the word out.

Ken Deifik is a writer who has been designing and producing websites since
1995 when he designed and co-produced the original site for the Hollywood
Creative Directory. He is also a composer and musician who has recorded with
such diverse musicians as Laurie Anderson and Marty Robbins. Phillip Glass
wrote his only harmonica music, "Lucy's Music" for Mr. Deifik in 1977. Mr.
Deifik serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nutrition News Focus
Inc. and is its Chief Executive Officer.

Roger Klurfeld is an attorney with over 20 years experience. Mr. Klurfeld is
President of Nutrition News Focus Inc.

--- end of bios ---

No mention of either of the people Ms. Kress referred to.  I suspect she's
thinking of a different organization.

Jim Handsfield