[IP] Re: Pain with Inserter

>>>My son uses a Minimed 508.  He found the pain  - physical or emotional -
with using an inserter so overwhelming that he went off the pump
entirely (and was miserable).   A wonderful rep from Disetronic -
Christine O'Rourke - suggested that Benj try Disetronic's infusion sets,
which don't use an inserter at all, with the Minimed pump and reservoir.>>>

It is not a requirement to use any of the sets with an inserter. I used the
SofSets for 6 years inserting them by hand until I had a kinked canula ('98)
and called MM to complain. They sent me a SofSerter then - they were new on
the market. I wasn't one of the first to use the SofSets and, like I said, I
had done it for the 6 yrs prior. They *invented* those for the ease of the
pumpers. No requirements, however.

Speaker to audience: As the cow said to the farmer when the milking machine
broke down, "Thanks for that warm hand!"