[IP] Re:Less Pain on Insertion with Quick Set

> My 9 year old is on the pump.  Lately, the insertion with the Quick Set
> has been hurting her.  It hurts just when I'm inserting it and sometimes,
> maybe, for 30-60 seconds later.   I'm using an area with plenty of
> tissue/fat. I'm using the buttocks area>>

My daughter is also 9 and uses the Quick-sets on her buttocks.  They also
 hurt her when they are inserted and for several minutes afterwards. So I don't
think that this is unusual with your child.  She used to yell a me a lot about
it, but nowadays she just kinda yells and gets over it in about 10 minutes.
She doesn't want to use Emla or anything similar.  Somedays it hurts more than
other times.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9