[IP] Less Pain on Insertion with Quick Set

My 9 year old is on the pump.  Lately, the insertion with the Quick Set
has been hurting her.  It hurts just when I'm inserting it and sometimes,
maybe, for 30-60 seconds later.   I'm using an area with plenty of
tissue/fat. I'm using the buttocks area.  Ice doesn't work because after
I ice the area up the Quick Set won't stick!   I tried the ice a few
times with the same result.  The quick set just won't stick. I was
thinking of trying the Ela Max.  Anybody have any comments or suggestions
regarding this. Thanks.Sandra....mom of Maria.