Re: [IP] Re: FDA corruption

Cindy <email @ redacted> wrote:

> http://www.forces.org/evidence/pharma/fedspharm2.htm

Thanks - interesting site but with some rather glaring inaccuracies.  To
begin with the FDA is not part of the U. S. Public Health Service - never
has been.  It's an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services.

Some other points that I've seen before - and taken way out of context.
Also remember that most of the articles mention - especially the Wall Street
Journal - are the opinions of individuals.  It actually looks more like a
long diatribe against David Kessler, not the FDA.  IMO, Dr. Kessler was one
of the most courageous FDA administrators ever.  Many of the complaints that
specify an administration say the Clinton Adminstration - but Kessler was
appointed by George H. W. Bush.

In short there is nothing to support a charge of corruption.  Has it always
had the best management or made the best decisions?  No - sometimes because
it is one of the most underfunded agencies of the U. S. Government.

But that's not illegal as was implied in the first post I responded to.

Jim Handsfield