[IP] Re: FDA corruption

>I believe one book is called "Not Milk" (instead of "got milk".)
>It describes the politics around the use of growth hormones in dairy cows
>and how the FDA  had at least one man from the dairy industry who took a
>job at the FDA just long enough to cause the hormone to be approved for
>use, even though they are very questionable. When the FDA got the hormone
>use approved, the man went back to work for the dairy industry. That's not
>really the only thing.. there are many many things outlined in the books. I
>can't remember a lot of the details unfortunately. There are a couple of
>other books about milk but I can't recall the names.
>Can you recall anything about them?  Titles?  Authors?

Here's a website to check out on corrupt practices by the FDA.

There are many more, I just don't have time to research all that's
out there.  I have seen news programs (20-20, I think) which did an
expose on the FDA and how they are in cahoots with pharmaceutical
companies.  The problem is...there is no watch-dog for the FDA.  I
saw another program that revealed the corruption in drug pricing in
America.  The same prescription drug which cost a man something like
$10.00 a pill was the same pill you can get from a vet for less than
a dollar per pill.  In fact, that was what he was doing.  The FDA and
drug companies are getting rich while most Americans are going broke
buying prescription meds...or doing without.  It's a big problem.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99