Re: [IP] Re: Newbie using Silhouettes

At 09:02 AM 6/21/2003 Julie Rachiele wrote:
 >Yessi,  I felt the same fear you are feeling about the long introducer
 >needles before I started pumping about a year ago.  I was told to put
 >them in at a 35 degree angle because I am not a skinny person.

I used the Silhouettes for about 4 years, and have never used that steep of
an angle for insertion. I was taught to think of it as a plane landing...
more like a 15 degree angle. That always seemed to work for me. It was
rarely painful and never resulted in crimped cannulas. Your experience may
be different, but try the shallower angle and see if that doesn't help.