[IP] Re: Newbie using Silhouettes

Yessi,  I felt the same fear you are feeling about the long introducer
needles before I started pumping about a year ago.  I was told to put
them in at a 35 degree angle because I am not a skinny person.  I was so
afraid they would be painful, and so unsure about the angle being
correct, that I pushed them in verrrrry slowly, and probably moved the
angle a couple of times as I did it.  This caused me to have crimped
cannulas, which then caused no delivery alarms.  However, I found through
experience that it NEVER hurt to insert these needles, as long as they
are.  So now I pick my angle and push them in quickly.  I no longer have
the problem I used to have of bent or kinked cannulas.  I like the Sils
and have never used the inserter.  It just takes a little experience to
get some confidence in using them.  Don't get discouraged.  And good luck
with pumping!

Julie      Paradigm since July 2002