[IP] also have sleep problems related to bg's

 I too have sleep problems related to my blood sugars. If my bg is going either
up or down based on my dinnertime bolus still working or my last meal still
being metabolized, I have trouble falling asleep until it's stabilized. Also, I
wake up around 2 or 3a.m. if my sugar drops below about 150. This habit started
10 years ago before I went on the pump. At that time I would have frequent
middle of the night lows (but not always, so it was hard to get the right
bedtime dose of NPH), so I got somewhat paranoid and starting going to bed with
my sugars at around 180. After going on the pump I think I psychologically still
felt that I needed my sugars to be at that level because anytime they drop
during the night to 150 or less I wake up and have a wide awake jittery type of
feeling. Sure enough if I get up to test, which I do most nights, I find that it
is 150 or below, and I have to drink some oj or other carb to be able to fall
back asleep. Otherwise I'll literally lie there wi!
 de awake
  for up to 3 hours. I'm sure it's all in my head, but I can't help it. Of
course this isn't good for my A1C's, but I've tried over the years to deal with
it and I can't. I suppose if I was willing to go several nights with barely any
sleep I would overcome this problem, but I'm not willing to do that. Does anyone
else have this sort of problem or does anyone have any suggestions on how to
handle it? Pam. DX 14 yrs., pumping 10 yrs. Just started with Paradigm.

Do you Yahoo!?