Re: [IP] Batteries

MrsLguard asked:

I respond:
I have a Dtron+ that uses a 3v lithium battery pack.
A quick search on the internet tells me that lithium
batteries have a shelf-life of 10 years and the
recommendation is to NOT refrigerate (one of many
references, this one from Kodak's website).

The packaging the Dtron+ batteries comes in has
"international" symbols that I find impossible to
interpret (and I'm too lazy to look them up in a
book), but it appears that it's saying keep them from
getting damp.  No one from Disetronic (or MM for that
matter) has ever told me *to* keep them in the

Assuming that Kodak's information is correct for all
lithium hearing-aid type batteries, with a shelf-life
of 10 years NOT refrigerated, I have no reason to try
to extend their life.  I doubt I'll need them 10 years
from now anyway (at least not this configuration).

Plus, if your intention is to extend the life of the
battery - JUST HOW LONG DO YOURS LAST in the pump?
Mine last just over 2 months, meaning I will go
through MAX 6 battery packs in one year.  How many do
you buy at any one time that you'd need to extend
their life beyond the standard shelf life of 10

But, like someone else said earlier - if that's where
you're used to finding them, then by all means keep
them where you know they'll be when you need them.
Me?  I keep them with the rest of my pump stuff in a
drawer in my bedroom.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?