Re: [IP] Life's Fairness and Standing In Line

On 6/19/03 4:16 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated
stellar typing skills  and mental acuity by writing:

>> will smile and say no thank you, I would like to stand here with the
>> others...and Still I Will Rise.
>> Chance
> So beautifully said.....Thank you, it was wonderful to read. Tina

I have had a good chuckle on this thread. It reminded me of my sweet father
who at 88, gave up his driver's license. But before that from the time I
came home in '92 until the year 2001, we would either go out to the store
ourselves or with my fella doing the driving later, and I'd see a close
place, thinking of dad and saying..."Hey, there's a close one"...

My dad would just say quietly, "Oh, let's leave those for the old folks..."

AW! He was a wee guy of 5'4" and at 87-88 years old, whatever, it was so
cute to hear that!

In this day of selfishness and the 'Me first' attitudes by most everybody
our here in California, it was a refreshing change and reminder of a quieter

-- Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is
writing a book.
     - All from Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106 - 43 BC

Jenny Sutherland