Re: [IP] front of the line?

In a message dated 6/19/03 9:46:39 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I just back from Disney in Florida with my family and had a great time.
> I don't mean to start a flame war but I don't understand why me being
> diabetic means that I "deserve" to go to the front of the line.

Thank you. My thought exactly. I took my two grandchildren to Disney World in
March and I (the one with diabetes) did not ask for any special
 considerations. In addition to diabetes, I'm old enough to be a grandmother,
I'm overweight
and I've had surgery on one of my feet four times (ultimately resulting in a
big toe that is shorter than the other and a slight balance problem).

So what's with you younguns? :-)  If I can stand in the heat (and it was hot
that day) and humidity, which chasing after two children who are much younger
than I, why can't y'all stand in line, too? I do not want my grandchildren to
believe that I have a disability. I want them to believe that if I can cope
 with whatever ails me, that they can cope, too. What message are we sending our
children if we let them go to the front of the line at an amusement park
 because they have diabetes -- and then we turn around and tell them they can do
anything with their lives?

I don't want to start a flame war, just my opinion -- but think about it.

Jan and ElvisToo