[IP] Re: front of the line

Gosh I have mixed feelings on this topic.

I know when I hear about people who borrowed someones
handicapped mirror tag to just get a special parking spot
at an event, that I get upset.    They are abusing the system
and don't need that special privelege.

Raising a son with DM  I am constantly fighting the school
system for his right to an equal education while still meeting
the needs of his D.     I want him to be treated like any other
student, not one with a disability.     So in that sense I wouldnt
want him to abuse a special priviledge JUST because he

HOWEVER,   I've also had plenty of occasions over the ten
years he has had D  where he has been fine one moment and
then crashing in the 20's or 30's a half hour later.     The excitement
and stress of waiting in line for an hour for a ride can really
mess him up.     At 6Flags we've finally made it to the front of the
line a number of times only to have him crash as we approached
it and not be able to board the ride because he was too low.
With nowhere to wait safely for his numbers to rise we've had to
leave the ride.      And yes, a few times we did attempt to go back
through the handicapped entrance to reboard and were told we
had to start all over in the line instead --  regardless.

So,  I could see the advantage of getting a front of the line pass
and thereby avoiding possible problems.      So just follow
your heart and do whats right for you ---  not everyone else.
(And have fun :)

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (13 1/2,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (turning 21 this summer), Allison (18), Rachel (7)
Fenton, MO