[IP] RE: Front of the line

I think the thing is, what if someone asked you why you need special
treatment? If you say it's because you have diabetes (with no obvious
complications like vision problems, or foot problems or handicaps), and you
are a healthy diabetic in all other respects, why couldn't you stand in a
I think since we always have to educate people who really don't understand
diabetes, then we are really confusing the issue if we are saying we need and
deserve special treatment when we really don't?

I was a ballet major in college, and the staff treated me like I was a pitiful
sick person (and I wasn't.) I later taught ballet locally, and to this day the
head of the school if she meets me, looks at me and says "how are you
feeling??????????".  That is the only thing about me that she even remembers,
and it never affected my job or my performances. I don't want special
treatment, I just want to live as normal a life as I can with this!