Re: [IP] Re: Important Insulin Pump Question

A few people have posted re this e-mail subject, but I
honestly don't know what the original post was about.
Thought I'd share my experiences with what this topic
appears to be about...

Summer said: >I can just see the ads now - fully

Someone else said:
> It is not waterproof but if I dunked it in a toilet
>I could dry it off and it would survive.

And I say:

When I got my first pump nearly 17 years ago, that was
the refrain I heard over and over again - "you WILL
drop it into the toilet."

I managed to only do it once with my various
non-water-resistant-proof-whatever pumps.

Now, my Disetronic sales rep (who is NOT DM) wears a
pump 24/7 with saline.  I think that is the coolest!
It speaks to 1) her commitment to pump therapy and 2)
that she encounters the same day-to-day issues that we

Way too busy being a part-time employee, digging up
the yard and re-painting the inside and outside of my
house while training for my next cycling event.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?