[IP] Carpal tunnel surgery

Hi everyone---

I will be having carpal tunnel surgery in the next couple of weeks.  The
doctor okayed me wearing the pump during the surgery, but told me to check in
with the endo.  I'm not even sure how long the procedure is, but I believe it
is very short.  I will not be knocked out which bums me out...(nothing like
the great sleep you get from being knowed out...)  Supposedly I'll get a nerve
block and that will be it.

Any suggestions or stories???