[IP] Re: low carb diet

In a message dated 6/19/03 7:06:32 AM, email @ redacted writes:

>Many people have been talking about eating low carb, or atkins diets;
>but I have a more general question about these diets:
>What exactly DO you eat?
> Do you tend to eat a lot less because you eat low carb ... because,
>think that if I took all high carb foods out of my diet, I might end up
>eating at all.
You need to read the book or go to the website for the specific diet.
The first 2 weeks, called the induction phase, allows unlimited eggs,
 poultry, fish, beef, pork; 20 grams of carbs, which is in the form of 3 cups of
greens, or 2 cups of salad greens and 1 cup of another green vegetable; up to
4 oz of cheese; 2 tablespoons of cream; no caffine.  That is easy if your
basals are correct. You hardly have to bolus at all.

But, you really need to read the book, because there is a lot more to it.