[IP] RE: Female with absorption problems/need new site ideas

I too am having lots of trouble with absorption. I am limited to one small
area to insert and have been dealing with blood sugars that are too high
also. At my Endo's last Friday he gave me an option: he is doing research on
it, It involves a surgical implant of an AV fistula shunt into your less
dominant arm, just like a person would have on dialysis. From that surgery
you would then insert your insulin pump directly into the enlarged vein.
Yesterday I had a woman over for coffee who is one of the very few that have
this. My doctor advised me to meet and speak with her as to see for myself
how this looks. It did not look bad at all. She said that it has been a
life-saver for her. She was at the end of line as far as options went when
it came to options.

I am soon to be there as well. The insulin just cannot get through me and I
am constantly dealing with super high numbers. So, after meeting this
patient yesterday, I will now give it much more thought. I am scared of the
idea of inserting an infusion set into the vein. But who knows? Maybe I
might have no choice.