[IP] Re: low carb diet

Many people have been talking about eating low carb, or atkins diets;
but I have a more general question about these diets:

What exactly DO you eat?

 Do you tend to eat a lot less because you eat low carb ... because, honestly, I
think that if I took all high carb foods out of my diet, I might end up not
eating at all.

 I'm not a vegetarian, but I really don't eat much meat, simply because I don't
care for it, (I like chicken, fish ... and most unhealthy meat such as
hamburgers and fried stuff) - Is it possible to eat a low carb diet without
eating mostly meat?

 I'd like to try to cut back on carbs in order to decrease spiking of BG's after
eating and lose a bit of weight ... but I'm just not sure what I can eat without
making a salad every day (I love salad but making it takes too long)

Thanks for any advice.