Re: [IP] Female with absorption problems/need new site ideas

In a message dated 6/18/2003 7:36:18 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The sofsets
> don't work there because I sleep on my side and knock them out of whack

I just started using the sides of my hips and don't have any probs with
 sofset infusion set. I use the sofset and put down a layer of IV 3000 first.
after inserting infusion set, I loop the tubing up and around (so if the
 tubing is coming out of the infusion set towards your feet, i loop it around,
the tubing is then going towards your head-- hope this makes sense), then I
tape it down with another IV3000.  I sleep on my side (same side as insertion
 site) and haven't had a problem. I also use skin prep, which seems to make the
 tape hold better. If I don't loop the tubing and just tape, I do have problems
with the sets pulling.  HOpe this helps.

Julie   (please save your cancelled postage stamps and mail them to
           Mr Maynard Guss    9593 NW 26th Place  Sunrise, FL  33322.
          This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
  <A HREF="www.asap4sm.org">www.asap.org</A> My daughter has this rare brain