Re: [IP] Low carb diet for kids

 Perhaps you could just master his favorite foods? Instead of making him stop
eating the pop tarts do a basal test and have him eat JUST the pop tart and take
the normal insulin and see if the sugars goes back to normal after if its a
little high up the bolus next time and so on - at 12 taking away his fav. foods
could be the end of the world, at least to me it is - of course if he's ok with
then go ahead - can't help you with the low carb thing cause thats all I eat -
high carbs.

 I donno just sounds extreme to me to but him on a diet( especially if he's
skinny) unless his sugars are really out of control and at 12 his sugars are
probably gonna be going crazy cause of hormones not carbs.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm