[IP] Florida DisneyWorld Special Assistance Cards

 Anyone here live in Florida or been in Florida in the late Summer? Just
wondering if I need to do anything extra with my pump in the extreme heat - I
really would rather not and just even change out the insulin every night or
something I'd hate to have to put it in something, I know theres the frio but
can it be left alone?

 Also I've heard that people on here have goten a special pass in order to not
 wait in line at Disney world and such parks - how do you go about this and is
just for kids or can I get one too?(I'm 21) and does the pass cover the people
I'm with too? - Might as well get something good out of this whole Diabetes

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

These are called Special Assistance Cards, and a Disney rep will be at
registration on Wednesday afternoon/evening to sign up families who need
one. They are not a carte blanche to the front of any line. What they allow
you to do is present yourself to the person in charge of the ride/show if
there is a long line in the hot sun - and they will tell you what to do. It
may be that you go right in. It may be that you wait in a different, shorter
line. It may be that you go sit inside in an air conditioned area until it's
your turn. I've had all those things happen. It's really a case by case
scenario. However, please be assured that Magic Kingdom is READY for us.
I've been working with them for 4 years, done inservices, etc., and they
know all about our kiddos. However, you must have a Special Assistance Card
for this stuff to happen. They won't automatically help you unless you
present the card.