[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #342

In a message dated 6/17/2003 10:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subject: [IP] Any Nurses with Type 1?

Hi! I've been diabetic since 5 and am now 43. I've been a RN for 21 years and
have never had a problem with anyone because of my diabetes.  I worked in
hospitals in NY and Florida and everyone knew I was diabetic, I never made a
secret of it, as I have nothing to be ashamed of! I think it gives you a
 perspective that many other nurses can't have as they don't have a chronic
disease. I
also feel that everyone makes too big a deal out of dealing with it, it's here
to stay and just live with it.