Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:05:42 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Any Nurses with Type 1?

My daughter Katie has planned on becoming a nurse since she was in 1st grade
(now going into 7th).  It's been about 2 1/2 years since her dx (pumping for 2
years) and she has great control (a1cs in the sixes with few mild lows) . . .

Anyways the other day she was wondering out loud if her diabetes would
interfere with being able to carry out her nursing duties (she plans, at least
at the moment, to be a neonatal nurse). What worried her was, for example, if
she had a patient who needed immediate help at the same time she got hit with
a low.