[IP] Re: Important Insulin Pump Question.

>>>I'm starting a pump information program and
will be switching to an insulin pump in the very near future. I know that
pump program will probably push me toward to Medtronic Insulin Pump, but I
to make my OWN decision...and I will have the opportunity to. <snip>
 I want your HONEST opinion on your insulin pump. >>>

This is like saying Sic 'em to a dog. lol With about 4,200 members here and
many pumps out there in use, you will still have to make your own decision
as different features please different folks and their lifestyles. I love my
pump because it clicks while delivering 0.1u at a time - slowly. It takes
about 5 min. to deliver 6 units. The faster delivery hurts me and I want it

I love my pump because I can set up to 48 different basal rates - 30 min. at
a time and cut it off any time I desire. My pump has a dual wave feature as
well as the square wave and normal deliveries. My pump is a pretty sapphire
blue and very attractive - the size of 3/4" stack of business cards. It is
not waterproof but if I dunked it in a toilet I could dry it off and it
would survive. I am not a swimmer. 88/8//////

Please see these sites to do comparison of features *you* want. I also love
my '96 Dodge Grand Caravan ES but doubt a lot of other people could be
convinced to get one. ;-)

Compare current pumps

For pump mfg'rs:

If you really love something set it free. If it comes back it is truly
yours -- if it doesn't then shoot it!