[IP] Any Nurses with Type 1?

My daughter Katie has planned on becoming a nurse since she was in 1st grade
(now going into 7th).  It's been about 2 1/2 years since her dx (pumping for 2
years) and she has great control (a1cs in the sixes with few mild lows) . . .

Anyways the other day she was wondering out loud if her diabetes would
 interfere with being able to carry out her nursing duties (she plans, at least
 the moment, to be a neonatal nurse). What worried her was, for example, if she
had a patient who needed immediate help at the same time she got hit with a

I reassured her that there were people with type 1 that did all kinds of jobs
that dealt with crisis situations (nurses, docs, firefighters, etc.) but I
know that vague reassurances from MOM are not what she really needs . . .

Any nurses on the list who can share what it's been like to be one while also
having diabetes and how they have coped with the challenges??

Pumpmama to Katie