Re: [IP] Medtronic Supplies

> I ordered my pump supplies and received a note from Medtronic Mini
> Med that my insurance, BCBSGA,  no longer has a contract with
> Medtronic for the MMT-104 batteries and the MMT-173 IV Smith &
> Nephew Prep.  Mini Med told me to call BCBS, and after calling two
> times, they give me several companies, but none have pump supplies.
> Does anyone know where I can get the batteries and Smith Nephew I.V.
> Prep wipes through the mail?  Will I need to get a prescription to
> send them?

BTDT :-)   Call BS back and complain. Tell them that none of the
company names that they gave you carry the needed supplies and that
YOUR CONTRACT OF INSURANCE puts the burden on them to designate a
suitable supplier. Ask for a waiver to purchase from Medtronic or
your choice of vendor until they provide you with a source. Don't
take no for an answer. If you escalate this high enough they will
cave in.